Tuesday 12 May 2009

Gathering up details

Right today I've gathered up my copy of practical woodworking and copied David's article about making his chairwheel and copied it and made a couple of copies of the flyer plans so I can use them when I mark out a piece of wood. I have a feeling the flyer and bobbins are a tad smaller than my Haldane Shetland wheel so I think I will try to make it about the same size as the Shetland then I can interchange bobbins.
Having just measured a bobbin from the Shetland it is 1cm bigger than the Chairwheel bobbin so I will have to adjust the plans accordingly. Looking at various dimensions the flyer can be made a little larger with out making any difference. The flyer on both wheels are practically the same size so it is just changing the shape of the flyer to accommodate a slightly larger bobbin. Problem no problem just have to make a note of that when I get down to making the flyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment